This recipe is one of Mikey’s faves!
My husband loves meat, especially pork. He’s a rib guy, prosciutto guy and a pork chop guy. This recipe is one of MY faves because it’s all made in one roasting pan. Nobody wants to ruin a fresh mani doing dishes all night!
2 large white onions
5 carrots chopped into thumb size chunks
1 1/2 cups of white wine
1 cup of low sodium veggie stock
8 – 10 lean, organic pork chops
fresh thyme and sage
1. Beat eggs into bowl and season with salt and pepper. Bread pork chops in egg and bread crumbs. Brown lightly in vegetable oil and set aside.
2. Coat roasting pan with olive oil, add chopped onions and carrots. Add half the wine and veggie stock to the pan. Place pork chops on top of the veggies and season with thyme and sage.
3. Place roasting pan into a preheated oven at 425 degrees. Cover with lid and cook for one hour.
4. Add remainder of the stock and wine half way through cooking. Flip your chops, remove lid and let brown for the last fifteen minutes.
5. If your veggies start to stick just add some water or more stock.
We love to serve these babies with creamy mashed potatoes and green beans. They’re crispy, juicy and make the best filling for leftover sandwiches!
From Mikes tummy to yours… Enjoy!